Swedish Massage - €50/75mins
Swedish Massage is a system of long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping, percussion, vibration and shaking motions that apply pressure between muscles and bones, rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart. Swedish Massage feels good, is relaxing and invigorating.
The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles.
Benefits of this massage style include:
- Shortens recovery time from muscular strain
- Increases circulation without increased heart load
- Stretches ligaments and tendons
- Stimulates the skin
- Soothes of the nervous system
- It reduces stress, both emotional and physical
The sequence of techniques usually used in a session of Swedish Massage are:
- Effleurage: gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Petrissage: kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Friction: circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingertips.
- Vibration: oscillatory movements that shake or vibrate the body.
- Percussion: brisk hacking or tapping.
- Passive and Active Movements: bending and stretching.
The patient is required to be appropriately unclothed for the duration of the treatment, which at Ms Skincare Beauty Salon, takes 75 minutes.